QUALIFICATION TITLE BACHELOR OF BUSINESS
STUDY OPTIONS Full-time at IBBM On-campus or Flexible Online Delivery
COURSE LENGTH Full Time: 3 year
COURSE STUDY REQUIREMENTS 10 hours study required per subject, per week, during a trimester.
ASSESSMENTS Written Assignments and Exams
FEES 2018 PGK 2000 for Registration and PGK 2800 per subject
ACCREDITING BODY APM College of Business and Communication courses are delivered by Torrens University Australia Ltd, ABN 99 154 937 005, RTO 41343, CRICOS 03389E.
COURSE OUTLINE Future Event Manager? Be mentored by industry lecturers with real-world experience, and graduate confident with a solid understanding of business functions and the required planning and project management skills to develop your event management career.
Event Managers are creative people who use brilliant multi-tasking skills and personable natures to make things happen. You will learn how to bring ideas to life; spending time coming up with creative themes and formats, and liaising with clients to ensure their expectation for a perfect event matches your abilities.
Torrens’ Bachelor of Business (Event Management) course will teach you about marketing and public relations, and acquiring you with knowledge in event policy, strategy, logistics and risk, consumer behaviour, applied finance and business law. The degree includes gaining industry skills in project, strategic and event management and gives you the option to specialise in hospitality, tourism, marketing, public relations and advertising.
Additionally, students must complete a subject, Industry Consulting Project – to experience a business environment first hand and gain practical skills to complement their theoretical knowledge. We will support students in their responsibility to find an industry placement(s). Students will graduate with invaluable work experience, a built-in professional network and a serious competitive advantage to easily transition from University into the workforce.
A minimum of a High School Certificate from a recognized PNG or Australian High School is preferred with GPA of 2.2 or higher.
If your High School Certificate was not taught in English, please attach evidence to indicate that you have an IELTS score of 5.5. In addition applicants must also have at least three years of relevant work experience.
If you do not hold a High School Certificate you may be eligible to apply for entry to Higher Ed. Diploma based on work experience. If you have seven years of professional, administrative or managerial work experience. Applications will be assessed on a case by case basis. You must attach certified copies of your qualifications & CV or resume outlining required work experience and other formal or informal qualifications and certificates for your application to be processed.
All documents must be in English.
- BIZ101 Business Communication
- BIZ102 Understanding People and Organisations
- MKT101A Marketing Fundamentals
- BIZ104 Customer Experience Management
- BIZ202 The Business Environment/EVT207A Event Venue Management (if doing Diploma)
- EVN101 Introduction to Events
- EVT101A Events Concept and Design
- EVT201A Event management and operations
- MGT201A Project Management
- MKT303A International Marketing
- IND301A Industry Consulting Project
- BIZ201 Accounting for Decision Making
- MKT103A Int. Marktg. Comm./PRN102A Intro to PR Writing
- BIZ301 Organisational Creativity and Innovation
- MGT301A Ethics and Sustainability
- MGT302A Strategic Management
- EVT207A Event Venue Management
- MKG201 Business-2-Business Marketing
- EVN203 Event Financing and Sponsorship
- EVN301 Events Policy and Strategy
- EVN302 Events Consulting Project
- MKT304A Brand and Product Management
- MKG203 Digital Marketing Communications
- MKT202A Marketing and Audience Research