QUALIFICATION TITLE BACHELOR OF BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS
STUDY OPTIONS IBBM On-campus Workshops
COURSE LENGTH 3 year
COURSE STUDY REQUIREMENTS 10 hours study required per subject, per week, during a trimester.
ASSESSMENTS Written Assignments and Exams
FEES 2021 PGK 2000 for Registration and PGK 3500 per subject
ACCREDITING BODY Torrens University Australia is registered as a self-accrediting Australian university by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). TEQSA is Australia’s regulatory and quality agency for higher education with the primary aim to ensure students receive a quality education at Australian higher education providers.
Torrens University Australia Ltd, ABN 99 154 937 005, PVR12209, RTO41343 CRICOS 03389E
A Bachelor of Business Information Systems is a mix of elements from business and IT degrees. Grounded in business analysis, data management and systems infrastructure, as well as leadership and project management skills, this business information systems degree will prepare you for a global career.
This degree focuses on the introduction and development of skills to prepare you for a career as an information system professional. You will learn critical academic skills, as well as knowledge and applications of a variety of information systems and how they impact businesses. As well as the 16 core subjects, the Bachelor of Business Information Systems includes eight elective subjects so you can tailor your degree to suit your career goals. This course is a candidate for accreditation with the ACBSP.
A minimum of a High School Certificate from a recognized PNG or Australian Year 12 equivalent. A completed higher education qualification at AQF level 5 (diploma) or above, or equivalent, from an Australian University or another accredited higher education provider.
Successful completion of at least 1 EFTSL (equivalent full-time student load, or one full year) of an AQF level 6 (Associate Degree) or above, or equivalent, from an Australian University or other accredited higher education provider. Applicants with Recent Secondary Education- Year 12 with minimum ATAR 60 or equivalent
Applicants with vocational education and training (VET) study. A completed vocational education qualification at AQF level 4 (Certificate IV) or above, or equivalent, from a registered training organisation (RTO).
Successful completion of at least 1 EFTSL (equivalent full-time student load, or one full year) of an AQF level 5 (Diploma) or above, or equivalent, at a registered training organisation (RTO).
Demonstrated ability to undertake study at the required level:
- broadly relevant work experience (documented e.g. CV), demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success; OR
- formal, informal or non-formal study, completed or partially completed, demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success; OR
- written submission to demonstrate reasonable prospect of success.
IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5
Applications will be assessed on a case by case basis. You must attach certified copies of your qualifications and CV or resume outlining required work experience and other formal or informal qualifications and certificates for your application to be processed.
All documents must be in English.
These six core subjects must be completed. Additionally, you're required to select two 100 level electives from the electives tab.
- Business Communications | BIZ101
- Understanding People and Organisations | BIZ102
- Foundations of Information Systems | MIS100
- Data and Networking | MIS102
- Information Systems Project Management Planning | PRO100
- Database Fundamentals | MIS201
These four core subjects must be completed. Additionally, you're required to select two 100 level and three 200 level electives from the electives tab.
- Accounting for Decision Making | BIZ201
- Principles of Programming | MIS200
- App, Web Design and Development | MIS202
- Micro-services Architecture Cloud and Web IS | MIS203
These six core subjects must be completed. Additionally, you're required to select two 300 level electives from the electives tab.
Choose eight elective subjects below.
Year 1 - two 100 level
Year 2 - three 200 level
Year 3 - three 300 level
- Industry Skills Project | IND101A
- Customer Experience Management | BIZ104
- Marketing Fundamentals | MKT101A
- Understanding Advertising | MKT102A
- Integrated Marketing Communications | MKT103A
- Consumer Behaviour | MKG102
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship | ENT101
- Venture Ideation | ENT102
- Introduction to Events | EVN101
- Event Concepts and Design | EVT101A
- Understanding Public Relations | PRN101A
- Introduction to PR Writing | PRN102A
- Banking Fundamentals and Technology | BNK101
- Financial Systems and Central Banking | BNK102
- Commercial Law and Banking Operations | BNK103
- Lending, Securities and SME Financing | BNK104
- Introduction to Sport Management | SPO101
- Sports Marketing | SPO102
- The Business Environment | BIZ202
- Project Management | MGT201A
- Business-2-Business Marketing | MKG201
- Digital Marketing Communications | MKG203
- Economics | ECO201
- Business Finance | FIN201
- Accounting Processes and Cloud Technologies | ACC201
- Contemporary Financial Accounting | ACC202
- Management Accounting for Planning and Control | ACC203
- Business Statistics | STA201
- Event Management and Operations | EVT201A
- Event Venue Management | EVT207A
- Strategic Human Resource Management | HRM200
- Sales and Negotiation Strategies | ENT201
- Marketing for Entrepreneurs | ENT203
- Organisational Creativity and Innovation | BIZ301
- Ethics and Sustainability | MGT301A
- Marketing Strategy | MKT301A
- Company Accounting | ACC304
- Auditing | ACC305
- Events Policy and Strategy | EVN301
- Strategic Management | MGT302A
- Business and Corporations Law | LAW301
- Taxation Law | LAW302
- Lean Business Start-up | ENT301