QUALIFICATION TITLE BACHELOR OF BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS
STUDY OPTIONS Full-time at IBBM On-campus or Flexible Online Delivery
COURSE LENGTH Full Time: 3 year
COURSE STUDY REQUIREMENTS 10 hours study required per subject, per week, during a trimester.
ASSESSMENTS Written Assignments and Exams
FEES 2020 PGK 2000 for Registration and PGK 3150 per subject
ACCREDITING BODY Torrens University Australia is registered with the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) as an Australian University that is authorised to self-accredit its courses. TEQSA is Australia’s independent regulator of the higher education sector and assesses providers against the Higher Education Standards Framework.
Torrens University Australia operates through the following legal entity: Torrens University Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 99 154 937 005, HE PRV12209, RTO No. 41343, CRICOS 03389E
COURSE OUTLINE Future IS Manager? Be mentored by industry lecturers with real-world experience, and graduate confident with a solid understanding of business and information systems functions and the required planning and project management skills to develop your IS management career.
Additionally, students must complete a subject, Industry Consulting Project – to experience a business environment first hand and gain practical skills to complement their theoretical knowledge. We will support students in their responsibility to find an industry placement(s). Students will graduate with invaluable work experience, a built-in professional network and a serious competitive advantage to easily transition from University into the workfor
A minimum of a High School Certificate from a recognized PNG or Australian High School is preferred with GPA of 2.5 or higher.
A completed higher education qualification at AQF level 5 (diploma) or above, or equivalent, from an Australian University or another accredited higher education provider OR
Successful completion of at least 1 EFTSL (equivalent full time student load, or one full year) of an AQF level 6 (Associate Degree) or above, or equivalent, from an Australian University or other accredited higher education provider
Applicants with Recent Secondary Education- Year 12 with minimum ATAR 60 or equivalent
Applicants with vocational education and training (VET) studyA completed vocational education qualification at AQF level 4
(Certificate IV) or above, or equivalent, from a registered training organisation (RTO) OR
Successful completion of at least 1 EFTSL (equivalent full time student load, or one full year) of an AQF level 5 (Diploma) or above, or equivalent, at a registered training organisation (RTO)
Demonstrated ability to undertake study at the required level:
- broadly relevant work experience (documented e.g. CV), demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success; OR
- formal, informal or non-formal study, completed or partially completed, demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success; OR
- written submission to demonstrate reasonable prospect of success.
IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5
Applications will be assessed on a case by case basis. You must attach certified copies of your qualifications and CV or resume outlining required work experience and other formal or informal qualifications and certificates for your application to be processed.
All documents must be in English.
- BIZ101 Business Communication
- BIZ102 Understanding People and Organisations
- MIS100 Foundations of Information Systems
- MIS101 IS for Business
- BIZ104 Customer Experience Management
- MIS102 Data and Networking
- MKG102 Consumer Behavior
- PRO100 IT Project Management Planning
- MIS200 Principles of Programming
- BIZ201 Accounting for Decision Making
- MKG201 Business 2 Business Marketing
- MIS202 App, Web Design and Development
- MIS205 Database Fundamentals
- MKT202A Marketing and Audience Research
- MKT203 Digital Marketing Communications
- MIS203 Micro-services Architecture Cloud and Web IS
- MIS300 Systems Analysis and Design
- MIS203 Cyber Security
- MIS303 Professional Ethics
- MIS301 Requirements Engineering
- IND301A Industry Project/Capstone
- Level 3 Elective
- Level 3 Elective
- Level 3 Elective