In partnership with Torrens University Australia
Torrens University Australia brings a fresh, modern, careers-focused and global perspective to higher education.
A game-changing university, Torrens is aimed at providing graduates with a globally oriented skill-set that will make them a valuable commodity to any employer. It is deeply focused on providing an avenue towards rewarding employment that will fit with the lifestyles of our students.
Torrens’ place in Laureate International Universities also ensures that students graduate with more than a degree; they graduate from the largest education network in the world, ready for whatever challenge the world throws their way.
QUALIFICATION TITLE BACHELOR OF BUSINESS (MARKETING)
STUDY OPTIONS IBBM On-campus Workshops
COURSE LENGTH 3 year
COURSE STUDY REQUIREMENTS 10 hours study required per subject, per week, during a trimester.
ASSESSMENTS Written Assignments
FEES 2021 PGK 2500 for Registration and PGK 3500 per subject
ACCREDITING BODY : This course is accredited by the Australian Marketing Institute.
Torrens University Australia is registered as a self-accrediting Australian university by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). TEQSA is Australia’s regulatory and quality agency for higher education with the primary aim to ensure students receive a quality education at Australian higher education providers.
Torrens University Australia Ltd, ABN 99 154 937 005, PVR12209, RTO41343 CRICOS 03389E
A Bachelor of Business in Marketing provides you with the skills to engage and influence customers, develop brand loyalty programs and execute strategic campaigns. A marketing degree delivers key information on how to enhance core business knowledge with marketing practices, using an eye for industry trends, responsibilities, needs and opportunities. You’ll graduate job-ready with a strong body of business knowledge and marketing ability.
This degree builds a strong understanding of business principles while you learn marketing theories, practice and the role that marketing plays in the success of contemporary organisations. This degree has been developed in consultation with the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) to ensure you’re taught the most relevant and up-to-date information. This course also involves industry work placement where you will gain hands-on experience that complements your theoretical knowledge.
A minimum of a High School Certificate from a recognised PNG or Australian Year 12 equivalent and IELTS (or equivalent) score of 6.0 minimum (Academic Module) or above, with no skills band less than 5.5 and a demonstrated ability to undertake study at this level. Demonstration can be provided by evidence of work experience, and/or other formal, informal or non-formal study attempted and/or completed
If your High School Certificate was not taught in English, please attach evidence to indicate that you have an IELTS score of 6.0. In addition, applicants must also have at least three years of relevant work experience.
If you do not hold a High School Certificate you may be eligible to apply for entry to Higher Ed. Diploma based on work experience. Applications will be assessed on a case by case basis. You must attach certified copies of your qualifications and CV or resume outlining required work experience and other formal or informal qualifications and certificates for your application to be processed.
All documents must be in English.
These six core subjects must be completed. Additionally, you're required to select two 100 level electives from the electives tab.
- Business Communications | BIZ101
- Understanding People and Organisations | BIZ102
- Customer Experience Management | BIZ104
- Consumer Behaviour | MKG102
- Marketing Fundamentals | MKT101A
- Integrated Marketing Communications | MKT103A
These five core subjects must be completed. Additionally, you're required to select two 100 level electives and one 200 level elective from the electives.
- Accounting for Decision Making | BIZ201
- The Business Environment | BIZ202
- Business-2-Business Marketing | MKG201
- Digital Marketing Communications | MKG203
- Marketing and Audience Research | MKT202A
These five core subjects must be completed. Additionally, you're required to select two 100 level electives and one 300 level elective from the electives.
- Organisational Creativity and Innovation | BIZ301
- Industry Consulting Project | IND301A
- Ethics and Sustainability | MGT301A
- Marketing Strategy | MKT301A
- Marketing Consulting Project | MKG302
Choose eight elective subjects below.
Year 1 - two 100 level.
Year 2 - two 100 level, one 200 level.
Year 3 - two 100 level, one 300 level.
- Event Concepts and Design | EVT101A
- Introduction to Sport Management | SPO101
- Sports Marketing | SPO102
- Understanding Public Relations | PRN101
- Introduction to PR Writing | PRN102A
- Event Management and Operations | EVT201A
- Wedding Planning | EVT204A
- Sports Events | EVT206A
- Event Venue Management | EVT207A
- Project Management | MGT201A
- Content Creation for Social Media | PRL201
- Advanced PR Writing | PRL202
- Corporate Communications | PRL203
- Sports Law | SPO201
- Managing Teams | SPO202
- Managing Sports Facilities | SPO203
- Events Policy and Strategy | EVN301
- Strategic Management | MGT302A
- International Public Relations | PRN303A
- Health and Advocacy Strategies | SPO301
- Management Leadership and Professional Practice | COMR2000
- Business Information Systems | COMR2002
- Principles of Economics | ECON2002
- Business Law | LAW2000
- Quantitative Analysis | STAT2000
Follow Us on