QUALIFICATION TITLE DIPLOMA OF BUSINESS (with banking electives)
STUDY OPTIONS IBBM On-campus Workshops
COURSE LENGTH : 1 year
COURSE STUDY REQUIREMENTS 10 hours study required per subject, per week, during a trimester.
ASSESSMENTS Written Assignments
FEES 2020 PGK 2000 for Registration and PGK 3150 per subject
ACCREDITING BODY Torrens University Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 99 154 937 005, HE PRV12209, RTO No. 41343, CRICOS 03389E
COURSE OUTLINE The Diploma of Business (with banking electives) looks at business education in an innovative light in understanding core business and banking fundamentals and how to apply them in a real banking environment. Gain a competitive edge for the future with the sought-after skills to succeed in the modern global banking industry.
KEY STUDY OUTCOMES Demonstrate autonomy, well-developed judgement, adaptability and responsibility as a practitioner or learner in the field of banking.
Have advanced cognitive, technical skills to generate ideas and solutions to complex problems from both theoretical and practical perspectives
CAREER OUTCOMES Some examples of work in this area include:
- Public Servants, organization leaders, managers and non-banking professionals
- Fresh graduates looking for a job with the banking and financial institutions.
- Managers & Bankers seeking expanded understanding of banking & financial sector
A minimum of a High School Certificate from a recognised PNG or Australian High School is preferred with ATAR of 60, GPA of 2.2 or higher and IELTS (or equivalent) score of 6.0 minimum (Academic Module) or above, with no skills band less than 5.5and a demonstrated ability to undertake study at this level. Demonstration can be provided by evidence of work experience, and/or other formal, informal or non-formal study attempted and/or completed
If your High School Certificate was not taught in English, please attach evidence to indicate that you have an IELTS score of 5.5. In addition applicants must also have at least three years of relevant work experience.
If you do not hold a High School Certificate you may be eligible to apply for entry to Higher Ed. Diploma based on work experience. Applications will be assessed on a case by case basis. You must attach certified copies of your qualifications and CV or resume outlining required work experience and other formal or informal qualifications and certificates for your application to be processed.
All documents must be in English.
- BIZ101 Business Communication
- BIZ102 Understanding People and Organisations
- BNK101 Banking Fundamentals and Technology
- BIZ104 Customer Experience Management
- BNK102 Financial Systems and Central Banking
- MKG102 Consumer Behaviour
- BNK102 Commercial Law and Banking Operations
- BNK104 Lending, Securities and SME Financing